An early developmental model of the Nike Hercules missile on a Hercules Launcher. This
launcher was mounted on the elevator of the Nike underground magazine which was built at Launch
Complex 33 northwest of the Block house sometime in the 1950's. The Nike was not
launched from the underground magazine. Missiles were always brought top-side for firing.
The escape hatch from the main magazine can be seen at the lower left portion of the
The underground magazine remains today. The elevator doors have been
removed and a roof type structure now covers the opening. The pit where
the elevator was in the magazine has been covered with a large metal structure.
The magazine now housed the hydraulic pumping equipment to drive a very large
shaker table in a Shock and Vibration facility currently located just to the
left of the photo.