White Sands Missile Range Museum Exibits
Museum Logo
WHITE SANDS MISSILE
RANGE MUSEUM

Privacy and
Security Notice

MUSEUM HOME

GENERAL
INFORMATION

MISSILE PARK

OTHER MISSILES

INSIDE EXHIBITS

ARCHIVES

GUEST STORIES

WHITE SANDS
COMMANDERS

RANGE HISTORY

WHAT? WHO?

OLD-TIMERS
BULLETIN
BOARD


MISSILE  RANGE
HISTORICAL
FOUNDATION

WHITE  SANDS
PIONEER GROUP


WHITE SANDS
MISSILE RANGE
Home Page

US ARMY
CENTER OF
MILITARY HISTORY

OTHER LINKS


E-Mail: Museum Director
E-Mail: Webmaster

 

   

Photo 15 of 17
First Previous Next Last Museum Home Page

Ranch Room Display


     Prior to the establishment of White Sands Proving Ground in 1945, the real estate which now comprises the Missile Range was primarily used for ranching purposes.  Even after the Proving Ground was established, some ranching operations continued for many years in some areas of the range.  So, the history and heritage of Missile Range includes ranching.  Thus, several displays in the Museum reflect this heritage, as in this display of various items from ranch operations scattered over the Missile Range.