An aerial view of the east side of LC-35 showing the Navy Blockhouse, almost
identical to the Army Blockhouse at LC-33, and the twin Aerobee launch towers.
Blockhouse construction began in 1946. The first tower was built around
1947 with a second tower added later. The last Aerobee launched from the
towers was in 1986. The blockhouse remains, but the towers have been dismantled.
Photo from the Jerry Crouch Collection Note: This photo was taken by Mr. George Helfrich from the top of
the 500 foot
MET tower at LC-35.