aerial view of the west side of LC-35 showing the USS Desert Ship with the white
radome of the radar on top and the replica of the deckhouse of a CG-10 class
cruiser to the right. Construction of the Desert Ship began in 1951 and
construction of Deckhouse was completed in 1954. These facilities remain
Photo from the Jerry Crouch Collection Note: This photo was
taken by Mr. George Helfrich from the top of the 500 foot MET tower at LC-35.